Looking to save on postage in the coming year? Take these programs into account while you’re planning next year’s DM projects.
Many thanks to Erv Drewek of Graphic Communications for putting together a nice set of links to the 2016 Promotions at the USPS.
It looks like a busy year, with five distinct promotions running through the year that offer savings to mailers:
- Emerging and Advanced Technology/Video in Print begins in March, and is designed to help businesses integrate their direct mail with advances in technology;
- Tactile, Sensory & Interactive Mailpiece Engagement also starts in March and helps mailers understand and leverage sensory engagement in print;
- Earned Value Promotion, designed for mailers who use Business Reply Mail (BRM) and Courtesy Reply Mail (CRM) enclosures, kicks off in April;
- Mobile Shopping in July offers mailers a discount on qualifying mail that contains a mobile barcode or similar print-to-mobile technology; and
- Personalized Color Transpromo starts this summer and provides discounts to mailers using personalized dynamic/variable color printing on their customer bills or statements.
Check the links in Drewek’s article for specifics and registration dates. If you decide to take advantage of these programs, be sure to talk to your printing and mailing vendors and get them on board early.